SpeedSpec is an ideal product for a range of projects up to about 4 million and is a great resource for the growing practice. It covers single, high level housing, multiple residential, light commercial and projects which are covered by the trade sections available. This "one page per trade" speci is simple enough for anyone to use. The spec writer just adds specific details to get a finished spec.
There are 81 trade sections, most of which are about one page long and all have the same simple structure, see the sample Table of Contents below for the complete list of trades. SpeedSpec produces a THIN but professional spec.
We are pleased to announce the availability of SpeedSpec Edition 11. The new edition includes a Sustainability Guide for designers who want to produce "greener" buildings.
Updated regularly (annual update cost to go to the next edition is $230, inc GST). We provide updates for 3 past editions only. Our products are purchased outright and therefore you own them and can customise them to suit your in-house spec model(s).
- The most recent changes and additions:
- Updated Australian Standards and references.
- NEW Sustainability data and Guide
- 04290 Adobe, Mudbrick
- 07465 Metal Cladding
- 10400 Signage.
- All trade sections have the same clauses and structure making it easy to read, edit and to find data.
- Hidden "green" notes at the top of relevant trade sections help with energy conservation. (Most useful at design stage).
- Red hidden text gives advice of a general nature to specifiers.
- Some sustainability links to assist in checking on material choices, or making more sustainable material choices.
Not completely comfortable with making online purchases?
No problem, you can download our 'old school' order form, fill it out and fax it back to us. Its not a quick, but we'll endeavour to get your product to you the same day. CDs will take a little longer.
- SpeedSpec comes in a single file for MS Word 2003 and one for MS Word 2010 for use on PC or Mac.
- These files include Prelims and all trade sections - the trade sections and schedules are also supplied separately to give you maximum flexibility.
- 9 schedules are supplied in a separate folder but can be added to the book
- Simple User Guide.
- MARKED UP COPY OF ED 10 INCLUDED. If you customise SpeedSpec, you can make changes to your master instead of replacing it with the new material. New trade sections would be added to your Ed 10 file if you chose this option and you would rename your edited files, "Edition 11 SpeedSpec".
- A CD can be purchased for an extra $10 and it is express posted.
It costs $790 (inc GST)
NOTE: SpeedSpec is available for use outside Australia.