SpeedSpec is an ideal product for a range of projects up to about $4 million, and is a great resource for the growing practice. It covers single, high level housing, multiple residential, light commercial projects, and any other projects which are covered by the trade sections shown on the Table of Contents below. This "one page per trade" speci is simple enough for anyone to use. The spec writer edits the existing material and inserts details to get a finished spec.
We are pleased to announce the release of SpeedSpec Edition 15. This new edition features several new trade sections which are highlighted here on this Table of Contents. The Australian Standards and references have also been updated, as have the Designers Risk Assessment and the User Guide.
There is a change of sequence of trade sections to reflect the order in which things get done on building sites in Australia. There is more detail about the changes in the User Guide.
SpeedSpec Edition 15 has 92 trade sections, most of which are about 1-2 pages long and all have the same simple structure, as the Brickwork sample trade section below. The Table of Contents shows the complete list of trade sections and Preliminary documents which are included in SpeedSpec Edition 15. This product aims to provide a THIN but professional spec, even when edited.
SpeedSpec Edition 15 is updated regularly. The annual update cost to the next edition is $230, inc GST. We provide updates for 3 past editions only. Our products are purchased outright and therefore you can use them as often as you like and can customise them.
Click the sample shown to see a SpeedSpec Trade Section
SpeedSpec Edition 15 Features include:
- 3 New Trade Sections
- Updated Australian Standards and references.
- Designers Risk Assessment Table
- Revised User Guide.
- SpeedSpec is a Microsoft Word document file (for use on PC or Mac).
- The SpeedSpec document file contains 'hidden text', which can be made visible in Microsoft Word.
- Red 'hidden text' gives advice to the specifier of a general nature.
- Hidden "green" notes at the top of relevant trade sections help with energy conservation. (Most useful at design stage).
- All trade sections have the same clauses and structure making it easy to read, edit and to find data.
- Some sustainability links are included to assist in checking on material choices, or making more sustainable material choices.
SpecPack Products - Conditions of Use
- SpecPack, SpeedSpec and HomeSpec are protected by COPYRIGHT and may be used by the purchaser, the purchaser’s own personnel only, not by any other organisation or person. This means that employees (or sub-contractors) are required to observe copyright and the rights of the copyright holder, using the products exclusively for the purchaser’s projects.
- A separate SpecPack, SpeedSpec and/or HomeSpec must be purchased for use in each office of the same company.
- No part of the content of SpecPack, SpeedSpec or HomeSpec may be used by any other party than the purchaser or the purchaser’s employees while producing specifications for his or her employer.
- SpecPack, SpeedSpec and HomeSpec are master guide specification bases, which must be edited in the preparation of construction project specifications. The specifier adds and deletes material to the trade section specifications for specific projects. When complete, the specifications are published in the name of the specifier and/or his/her company and therefore in no event shall the author, David Nall or SpecPack Pty Ltd be liable for loss or damage to the user arising out of material or information omitted from or obtained from SpecPack products for use on any project.
- SpecPack, SpeedSpec and HomeSpec may not be used to prepare specifications for any entity other than the purchaser without the written approval of the author.
- The hidden text in our documents is offered as advice to the specifier and it is intended that the user uses SpeedSpec, SpeedSpec or HomeSpec and related documents with the hidden text feature active in MS Word so this data can be seen. No responsibility will be taken in the event of the user not activating this feature.
- Disclaimer: The information in the Sustainability Guide is designed to assist the specification writer, architect or designer in making the correct sustainability decision when specifying a product, system, fixture, fitting or finish. The decisions made by the specifier are his/her own responsibility. It is expected that he/she would perform the usual due diligence in specifying procedures, materials and products which he/she chooses to specify and no responsibility will be accepted by SpecPack Pty Ltd or its employees and associates for those choices.